She’s Pesto is the star of this Chicken Margherita
I love Pesto. It is a awesome condiment that when added to a dish gives it a lovely bite. The only thing is, I have never had fresh pesto. Now I love cooking but it takes time to make pesto then you have to make the main dish. I usually end up grabbing some out of the grocery store. The only thing about that is, it goes bad fairly quickly. Problem solved! That is where She’s Pesto comes into play! She’s Pesto is Pesto made from locally sourced ingredients (Charlotte, NC) and then the pesto is made while it is fresh. It is then frozen into 1 inch cubes. You get as much or as little out of the freezer as you need! So, She’s Pesto sent me some to try so I thought why not make Chicken Margherita! Click below for the recipe!
- 1 Jar Pesto or 6 oz of fresh pesto
- 3 Whole Skinless, boneless Chicken breast Split in two
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 8 oz Fresh mozzarella cheese You can use shredded
- 2 whole Tomatoes
- 1 Package Spaghetti noddles
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Start by getting a large cooking sheet and putting one tbs of olive oil on the surface. You also want to preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Next, take your chicken breast and split them in half.
- Take your pesto and spread it over the top of the chicken breast.
- Next put your baby spinach on top of the chicken breast
- Next slice your tomatoes and add one to two slices on top of the baby spinach.
- Put the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- When you have about 10 minutes remaining on your chicken, start a stock pot full of water on high heat.
- Add a tbs of salt and 1-2 tbs of olive to the water.
- Bring water to a boil then add noodles. Cook till they are Al Dente or almost done where they still have a little bite to them.
- When you have about 5 minutes of time remaining, pull chicken from the oven and add your fresh sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Turn your oven on broil at 500 degrees F. Cook chicken till cheese is melted.
- Drain your pasta. Use the remainder of the pesto to add to the pasta and give the pasta a good turn or two. Add pasta to your plate and then top with 1 to 2 pieces of chicken. Enjoy!