There are very few things in life that are as popular as Pizza and BBQ. Join us this week as we share a recipe where the two are combined to make Homemade BBQ Pizza!
This week we are joined by our friend Michele from DaelithTN YouTube Channel. If you recall, she is a previous guest poster from a few months back. She shared an awesome recipe called Inside-Outside Lasagna. This time she is bringing her version of BBQ Pizza. It looks so yummy that I can’t wait to get Food Junked on some BBQ Pizza.
Another great solution would be to pick up a Rotisserie chicken to use for your meat
This recipe allows you to choose what type of meat you place on the pizza. You may be thinking that chicken is the obvious solution for your choice of meat but if you have time to smoke some BBQ (here in the south BBQ is always Pork) that would be my choice. Another great solution would be to pick up a Rotisserie chicken to use for your meat. Now that sounds really good!
As always, we would like to thank you for stopping by. Make sure to scroll below to check out the video of her making the Homemade BBQ Pizza and also the recipe will be down below. You also have the option to print it out if you wish to. Make sure you share with your friends and family! Let’s get food junked!
Homemade BBQ Pizza
- 1 Package Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/4 cup warm water 110-115 degrees
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups sifted flour All-Purpose
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Proof your yeast in the warm water for about 10 minutes.
- I added a little sugar to feed the yeast.
- Once your yeast is foamy, start add 2 cups of the flour and the salt. Mixing to incorporate.
- Add another cup and half and mix well. Will be stiff. Save ½ cup for kneading.
- Knead for 10 minutes then let rise in a covered, oiled bowl for 30 – 60 minutes until double in size.
- Dump dough out on lightly flour surface and knead out the air pockets.
- Divide dough in half. You can let each dough ball have second rise (rest) for 15-20 minutes or go ahead and start stretching into your pizza crust to fit you pan or stone.
- Flatten dough and start from the center working it out into circle (or whatever shape you need to fit your pan) to the desired crust thickness. We like thin crust.
- Pick your favorite barbeque sauce (or pizza sauce) and spread desired amount on prepared dough.
- Add mozzarella cheese (or other variety)
- Add chopped bbq meat (I recommend you mix with some of bbq sauce with the meat before hand to help keep it from drying out while baking)
- Add any other topping you think you might like. We put some cooked bacon on ours. Cover with some more cheese.
- Bake 400-425 for 20 – 25 minutes. Let set a few minutes till cools just a bit then cut and serve!