Why I love Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Growing up in the South, I didn’t eat many cuisines outside of what my mom made or your run-of-the-meal meat and potatoes type of meal at the local restaurants.
At some point, I was introduced to Japanese food and I simply loved it. Later on, after I got married, my wife’s family who is partly Asian, opened my taste up to a whole new world of food for me.
Looking For a Quick and Easy Meal? I Got You Covered.
We all want a meal that is delicious and quick to make. Everyone needs a bank of recipes or that go-to recipe when you are pressed for time. Just because it is a quick meal doesn’t mean it isn’t good. That is where this quick and easy chicken vegetable stir fry idea came to light.
What you’ll need to make it. You Can Make it with Ingredients you already have on hand!
Chicken and Vegetable stir fry is a very versatile meal. You can mix and match different vegetables that you like. In this recipe, I looked in the refrigerator and I saw a bag of broccoli, cauliflower, and some chopped red onions. I looked in the chiller bin and saw some carrots. I went to the pantry and saw a can of canned white meat chicken. I thought about having some rice to mix in as well. I had one bag of Success rice left, you know the kind that you boil in the bag. This was enough to make the meal complete.
How To Make It
Here are the simple steps and ingredients that you will need to make this chicken and vegetable stir fry.
- 1 tbsp of Olive oil
- 2 cups of Broccoli
- 1 cup of Cauliflower
- 1 cup of cut-up Asparagus tops
- 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
- 1 bag of Success white rice
- 1 can of canned White Meat Chicken
- 1 cup of Baby Carrots
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Red Onions
- Wash then dry the veggies
- Heat a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat and add the Olive oil
- Add in all of the veggies. Cook for about 5 minutes, turning often
- While veggies are cooking, grab a stockpot and fill it up with about 1 quart of water. Bring to a boil and add your bag of rice. I like to add a little salt to it while it is cooking. This will need to cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add in half of the Soy Sauce to your veggies that are cooking.
- Drain the canned chicken then add that in with the veggies.
- Once the rice is done, drain it then add it to the veggies.
- Once you have it all mixed together, you can add the remaining Soy Sauce to the dish.
Can you Use any Vegetables you want?
Yes, you could use any vegetable you desire. Here is a list of what I would use.
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Baby Corn
Do I have to add salt?
No, you can omit that if you wish. You can also use a low sodium Soy Sauce if you wish.
I don’t like Soy Sauce, can I use something else?
Another great sauce to use is Teriyaki Sauce. This is sweeter and not as salty.
What if I don’t have Success Rice (Boil in the bag rice)?
If you don’t have Success rice, you can use regular Long Grain Rice, Brown Rice, or whichever rice you have on hand. Just note that it may take slightly longer to prepare this dish.
Can I Substitute the Chicken?
You can substitute many different types of protein in this dish.
Here is a list of optional protein choices:
Quick and Easy Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli I bought pre-packaged, bagged broccoli
- 1 cup Calliflower Pre-pacakged, bagged cauliflower
- 1 cup Asparagas tops
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 bag Success White Rice
- 1 can Canned White Meat Chicken
- 1 Cup Baby Carrots
- 1/2 cup Chopped Red Oinons
- Wash veggies, then dry them as good as you can.
- Heat up pan, in my case, I used my wok. I like to use medium high heat
- Add in Olive oil
- Add in all of the veggies. Cook for about 5 mins, turning often.
- While veggies are cooking, grab a pot and put in 1 quart of water. Bring to a boil, then add in your Success Rice. This takes about 8 to 10 mins to cook. I like to add a little salt in the water to flavor the rice while it is cooking. I do not add much since the soy sauce has a good amount of sodium.
- Next add in half of the soy sauce and let that cook for a min or to.
- Add canned chicken to the veggie mixture.
- After rice has finished cooking, remove from the water using a fork. Drain the pouch the pour contents of rice into the veggie and chicken mixture. I then add the remaining soy sauce.
- Once I have mixed it up a few times, It is now ready to serve.
I hope you really enjoy making this quick and easy stir fry. Please leave me feedback and let me know if you think this is the easiest chicken and vegetable stir fry you have made!
Try out another great recipe!