Try this quick, easy, and delicious Texas Hash Recipe!
Ok, Let say it is Monday night and it has been a rough day. You get home and think, I got to cook tonight but I really do not want to. You did not lay anything out to cook. You need something that is good and quick to fix for supper. What do you do? Well, I got the perfect recipe for you, Texas Hash. Texas Hash is a combination of hamburger meat, stewed tomatoes, green peppers, spices then served over rice. If you did not have any meat thawed, just defrost your hamburger meat and you are golden.
Not only is this a cheap, easy meal to fix, it is really good too.
Texas Hash is one of my family’s favorite. I have been enjoying this delicious dish since I was a kid. Not only is this a cheap, easy meal to fix, but it is also really good too. Follow along with us as we show you how to make it. We also have a video we made a few months back that you can watch too.
- 1 lb Hamburger Meat, If it is frozen, no worries just un-thaw it in the microwave.
- 1 can Stewed Tomatoes, Do not Drain
- 1 medium Bell Pepper/Green Pepper, Cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, I omit this in my dish. It tends to give it a sweet taste I do not like. It is optional if you would like it.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Chilli Powder
- 2 Cup Long Grain Rice
- 4 Cups water
- Salt/Pepper, To taste
- In a small stock pot, add 4 cups of water and turn on high heat.
- Bring water to boil and add rice.
- Reduce heat and cover till all the water is absorb. Remove from heat and let sit
- While rice is cooking, add 1lb of hamburger meat to a large frying pan and set burner to medium high heat. Cook until meat is browned. Then drain off all the grease.
- Take your medium bell pepper, core it, remove all the seeds, and then cut into small pieces
- Combine bell peppers, stewed tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, chilli powder and salt/pepper into frying pan. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Approximalty 5 mins.
- After reducing liquid and your rice is done, it is time to eat! Serve the Texas Hash on top of the rice and enjoy!
Start your rice first so that it can be cooking while you are cooking your Hash mixture. Do not drain the stewed tomatoes. If you prefer onions in you can add that too. It tends to give the dish a sweet taste that I do not prefer so I omit them.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g