White bread is a staple in most homes in today’s modern era. While it may not be the healthiest of bread choices, it is one of the tastiest. Making homemade bread is so easy with this tried and proven recipe for how to make homemade white bread in the bread machine.
What white bread lacks in nutritional depth, it makes up in flavor. Just like your favorite desserts, it is nice to splurge once in a while on a favorite treat.
It does not have to be a burden or struggle to make homemade white bread. With the invention of the bread machine, it is easier now than ever before. Today we are sharing our favorite Homemade White Bread in a bread machine.
A few years back I was given a Bread Machine as a Christmas present. I love homemade bread but did not always have the time to make it, so I asked for a bread machine for Christmas.
Of course, I tried the recipes that came in the recipe book with the machine, but they left me wanting more. That is when my search sent me to the internet and I found Ron’s White Bread recipe.
I tried it a few times and tweaked it a little to suit my needs. That is where this recipe comes into play. This bread is full of flavor and light and airy. Perfect for sandwiches, grilled cheeses, and the best french toast you have ever had.
In this post, I will give you step by step process on how to make the perfect Homemade White Bread in a bread machine. I am sure this homemade bread will become a household favorite as it is in mine. Please share this recipe with your friends and family.
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tbsp Dry Milk
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, You can use whichever oil you like, I prefer Olive Oil.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Cups Bread Flour
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of Bread Machine Yeast or quick rise yeast
- Add the ingredients to the bread pan the way they are listed from first to last. Your yeast should be sitting on top of the flour. To add to the flavor, you can add a few pats of butter on top of the flour also.
- Put the bread pan in the bread machine and use setting number 1 with a loaf size 1 to 1.5lbs and a medium crust.
- Once the bread is almost done, check for internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer
- Once it reaches 190 degrees internal temperature, remove the bread pan. Even a few degrees over can be bad. It will cause your bread to dry out faster so do not skip this step.
- Remove bread from the pan immediately and place bread on a cooling rack.
- Allow bread to come to room temperature before slicing or storing.
You may have to open the lid on your bread machine when it first starts to mix and scrape the sides. If the dough appears dry and crumbly, add water slowly a teaspoon at a time until it forms a nice smooth ball. If it is sticky, add a teaspoon of flour until dough forms a nice smooth ball. Most bread machines offer a period during the rising stage where you can add dry ingredients such as poppy seeds, nuts, chia seeds, or any other type of seeds and nuts. This is a great option to fortify your bread.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g