Nothing says fall like Pumpkin Spice. I have to be honest though, I am not a big fan of Pumpkin Spice, that is unless it combines cream cheese icing in a cake! Have you ever heard of a Pumpkin Roll?
Well, I have taken that recipe and adapted it to make it slightly easier for those who are nervous about making it. This is my recipe for Pumpkin Squares!
Growing up, every fall my mom would make Pumpkin Rolls. Now they are not that hard to make but I feel as if some people are hesitant about making them.
One night I had an idea pop into my head, why not bake the cake for a little longer and instead of making them into a roll, make them into squares? I hope this will ease the anxiety of making Pumpkins Rolls and you will give these Pumpkin Squares a try. Also, check out this recipe for Blueberry-Banana Cream Pie!
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Powder sugar
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 6 tbls butter, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Start by combing Flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and Pumpkin Spice in a bowl. Use a whisk to mix well together.
- In a seperate bowl, add in 3 eggs and 1 cup of granulated sugar. Use a mixer to mix until thick.
- Add in Pumpkin Puree and mix until well combined
- Add in half of the flour mixture to the egg, sugar, and pumpkin mixture. Mix until all the flour mixture is combine then add in the other half and mix that in.
- Next, grease a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan and then add parchment paper to the top. I also like to grease the top of the parchment paper as well.
- Pour your mixture onto the jelly roll pan and spread evenly. You can also hit the pan on your counter top to help make the mixture even and to pop any bubbles.
- Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until cake is spongie in the middle and a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Flip cake out onto a cooling rack. I like to put a towel down first so the cake won't settle into the groves of the drying rack.
- Next, peel off the parchment paper from the cake.
- Allow cake to completely cool. After cake has cooled, spread on cream cheese icing and then sprinkle with walnuts. You can then cut into even squares.
Cream cheese Icing
- Add in 1 package of softened cream cheese, 6 tbls of softened butter, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Mix until well incorporated.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g