The flavors of Blueberry, Banana, and Cream Cheese marry well in this Blueberry-Banana Cream Pie.
Growing up in the south, desserts have always been a pivotal part of any Sunday dinner. Similarly, it is like Mashed potatoes and gravy, macaroni and cheese, or steak and potatoes. It is almost a cardinal sin in the South not to have dessert with your Sunday Dinner. It is that important! At any rate, my mom has made many desserts throughout my lifetime that I really loved. This one holds a special place in my heart as I love blueberries and bananas. When you put them together with the cream cheese filling, it just makes sense. I am not sure where this recipe came from but the first time she made this I was very young. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have throughout the years. This is the recipe for Blueberry-Banana Cream Pie. Scroll to bottom for the recipe.
[amazon_link asins=’B004LBLFPS’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’soutfoodjunk-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’df3134bb-c18e-11e7-a469-e560700b500f’]
Blueberry-Banana Cream Pie
- 2 Pie Shells Deep Dish is best like the Pillsbury Pet-Ritz pie shells
- 2 8oz packages Cream Cheese
- 1 21 oz can Blueberry Pie Filling
- 2 Medium size Banana
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar Also called Powdered Sugar. Granulated will work but will affect texture
- 1 8 Oz Container Cool Whip You can make your on whip topping if you prefer
- Follow instruction on package for pie shells
- Add both packages of creme cheese to a bowl. Perferrably a bowl with deep sides to prevent powder sugar from coming out.
- Using a handheld blender, cream confectioners sugar and cream cheese until you have a smooth texture. It helps to start the blender on the lowest setting then move up the speed once sugar and cream cheese has combined.
- After pie shells have cooled, add cream cheese filling. Divide the filling between the two pie shells
- Cut Bananas into small slices and divide between the two pie shells. Lay them flat on top of cream cheese filling.
- Divide Blueberry Pie filling between the two pies spreading it on top of the bananas and cream cheese filling.
- Lastly, divide the cool whip topping between the two pies.