Today I am sharing with you another childhood favorite of mine. I am not sure where my mom got this recipe for Mexican Pie, or even if she just made it up. It is simple but very delicious. You can add toppings to it such as lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, etc. Make sure to click below for the youtube video of me making it. There will also be a printable version for you.
- 1 Can refried beans
- 2 deep dish pie crust
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 jar chunky salsa
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- Start by following the instructions on the back of the pie crust for pre backing them. You will need to pre-heat your oven.
- Next, start by browning your ground beef. After your beef is down, drain off the remaining grease and add in your taco seasoning. Add in 1/3 cup of water to mix in the taco seasoning.
- Next add in your jar of salsa. Turn the heat down to a simmer and let it reduce.
- Start your refried beans on the stove so you can heat them up. I like to add in a little water so I can adjust the consitency of it.
- Once your pie crust are down cooling, you will split up the refried beans between the two pie crust.
- Next split the meat mixture between the two pie crust.
- Cover each pies with cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes are until cheese is melted or desired color.
- Allow pies to cool for about 15 minutes so they will set up slightly.
- Slice and enjoy. You can garnish with lettece, sour cream, and salsa.